IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING TRAVEL AWARDS
In the past, we have supported medical students, residents or fellows who would be presenting at the upcoming American Academy of Otolaryngology-HNS (AAO) annual meeting with this travel grant. Awards of $500 have been offered to defray travel and lodging costs associated with presenting at the AAO’s annual meeting. However, for the 2020 AAO-HNS meeting, travel grants will not be awarded because the meeting does not require travel. Instead, we will plan on using those funds to support Travel Awards for an increased number of recipients next year, in 2021. The winners of the Korean-American Otolaryngology Society (KAOS) Travel Awards will be selected by the Board Members of the KAOS and the Korean Otolaryngology Society (KOS). In order to receive their awards, they will be required to attend the KAOS Satellite Symposium in Los Angeles 2021.
Individuals selected will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Resident in an ACGME accredited program in Otolaryngology or medical student in ACGME accredited medical college in the U.S. or equivalent from Korea.
- Post-doctoral clinical or research fellows are selected case by case.
- Career goals directed toward academic practice are preferred.
- Quality of accepted poster or oral presentation.
Prospective candidates should submit the following for consideration:
- A letter from the applicant stating desire, need and qualifications for the award based on the stated criteria.
- A copy of the submitted abstract for poster or paper presentation at the 2021 AAO-HNS Meeting.
- Documentation that the poster or oral presentation was accepted at the 2021 AAO-HNS meeting
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the department chairman including a guarantee of matching funds to cover the rest of the expenses.
- NOTE: If more than one applicant comes from a program, the chairman must prioritize the applicants.
All applications should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the application can be submitted using the form in the right column of this web page.
Thank you for your consideration.
Judith E.C. Lieu, MD MSPH
All applications should be submitted by letter or email to:
Judith E. C. Lieu
Washington University School of Medicine
660 S. Euclid Ave.
Campus Box 8115 St. Louis, MO 63110 USA